- May 29, 2020
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks is trending accounting software in the market due to having a lot of exciting features and functionalities. after purchasing this software you will be able to handle all your business activities. QuickBooks is a product of Intuit that has been specially launched for small to mid-sized businesses. Intuit has launched updates time-to-time to make the software easy to use. As we understand, QuickBooks has gained popularity all over the world because of its ease to handle business-related tasks. But, you have to face various error codes and bugs while accessing QuickBooks. In addition to this, while updating the QuickBooks software, QuickBooks displays QuickBooks Error 80070057.
In the following post, we will describe the causes and symptoms of QuickBooks error code 80070057. In addition, you will find some simple solutions to fix similar error codes. In case, you face any difficulty while implementing the solutions, feel free to talk to our experts at QuickBooks Support.
QuickBooks Error 80070057
Initially, it would be great to know in detail about QuickBooks Error code 80070057. Typically, you have to experience this error code when the parameter is incorrect or when accessing a company file. Also, QuickBooks error 80070057 pops up when you have deleted the company file without permission. Occasionally, users may experience the same error code while updating the QuickBooks software.
We always recommend you to know the symptoms and reasons behind the error. And then, proceed to implement the solutions provided. You are advised to follow the same to resolve the QuickBooks error code 80070057.
What can be the symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 80070057?
The following is a list of all possible indications for QuickBooks error code 80070057. It is recommended that you first know the signs of the issue and then proceed. When receiving the error code 80070057 you will get one of the following prompts:
- When your program window crashes frequently, it shows that your PC is affected by QuickBooks error code 80070057.
- If your PC screen is showing 80070057 repeatedly, it also indicates that PC is getting 80070057 error.
- When your window responds slowly to each keyboard or mouse input.
- Due to incorrect parameters, you must experience QuickBooks error code 80070057.
- This error can occur for 80070057 QuickBooks when some required company files have been accidentally deleted without permission
Proceed to find out the reasons responsible for the incident of QuickBooks Code 80070057.
When the QuickBooks Error 80070057 Occurs?
The QuickBooks error code 80070057 displays when opening a company file that you have saved on the server or host. Given below are all the reasons you should know to fix the problem. Let’s have a look at the reasons for the error code 80070057:
- You may encounter QuickBooks error code 80070057 due to incorrect Internet security or firewall settings.
- Due to an incorrect file extension, you may experience an 80070057 error.
- When the third-party firewall is not configured.
- An error message may appear when accessing a portable file, including.ND, QuickBooks, due to network damage.
- Your company’s file gets corrupted while accessing the QuickBooks application. It may also be the cause of the QuickBooks error code 80070057.
- Because of damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files, error 80070057 occurs.
- When changing the company file extension, error code 80070057 appears.
How to get rid of QuickBooks Error code 80070057?
Before attempting the solutions written below for 80070057 QuickBooks, you are recommended to update the QuickBooks software to the latest version. You can follow the steps below to do this:
- First, go to the Help menu and choose QuickBooks.
- And then, now click on the update tab.
- Select Update.
- Finally, choose to Get Updates and click Start QuickBooks.
To troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 80070057, you can now implement the solutions below.
Solution 1: Scan QB company file
The first solution for troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 80070057 is to scan your QuickBooks company file. And then, try to reorder the file using QuickBooks Database Server Manager. To do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- First of all, you have to type QuickBooks Database Server Manager under the Windows key.
- And then, click Add a folder to access the browse folder.
- Next, select the folder where you want to save your company’s file.
- Choose Scan.
- Once you are done with the scanning process, you will be able to reopen the company’s file.
Solution 2: Login QuickBooks as an administrator
- First of all, you need to look at the QuickBooks application.
- After that, right-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Next, choose Run as the Administrator.
- If you fail to run the company file manually, choose the company file.
- Finally, you need to check the error 80070057 is still happening.
Solution 3: Check your firewall settings
- The first step is to add exceptions to the firewall.
- Next, to change the firewall settings you have to follow the provider’s prompts. After doing this, you can send and receive QuickBooks data.
- Finally, if QuickBooks error code 80070057 still shows, you will have to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Validate QB Company File Name Extensions
- First, right-click the company file.
- After that, click on the Properties tab and choose QuickBooks.
- After that, you have to type the file extension under the file name field.
- Next, access the QuickBooks and Company file simultaneously.
- Finally, choose OK.
Solution 5: Verify Bitdefender
- First of all, you are advised to open the BitDefender 10.0 menu.
- After that, choose an anti-virus program.
- Next, choose a custom level.
- You must select the excluded path from the scan.
- Click on the New Item option.
- Finally, click on the UNC path or the mapped drive used to run the company file.
Solution 6: Save your file to the default location
- First of all, you have to close the QuickBooks application.
- Then, see the company file.
- Then, copy the company file (.qbw).
- Next, you need to access the path C: / Users / Public / Public Documents / Intuit / QuickBooks / Company Files.
- Right-click on the company file and choose Paste.
- And then, run QuickBooks and view the company file.
- Select the local drive and type the file name.
- Once you are done with the process, click Open to open the company file.
Solution 7: Access the QuickBooks Company file correctly
- Firstly, you need to click on Windows key only when you are using the Windows version 8.
- Now, you need to click on the “Choose all Programs” option.
- Then, access QuickBooks to continue working on the Windows version 8, 9, and 10.
- You have to choose the QuickBooks version.
- Next, check whether the company file is opened or not.
- Lastly, select Open when you will be able to access the company file.
In the blog above, we provide the best and effective ways to resolve QuickBooks error 80070057. I hope this blog helps you to resolve this error. If any of the steps do not work in your case, contact our QuickBooks experts at QuickBooks Support. Our QuickBooks experts provide the best and effective solution to resolve issues related to QuickBooks or its products such as QuickBooks Hosting, Payroll, Enterprise, and many more.