The QuickBooks error 80070057 usually appears when the user tries to launch a company file. The user will see the error message “Error 80070057: Parameter is incorrect” on their screen. This occurs when the user is trying to play a file of software directly that is not running in the background. QuickBooks is a trending accounting software in the market due to having a lot of exciting features and functionalities. after purchasing this software you will be able to handle all your business activities.
QuickBooks is a product of Intuit that has been specially launched for small to mid-sized businesses. Intuit has launched updates time-to-time to make the software easy to use. As we understand, QuickBooks has gained popularity all over the world because of its ease to handle business-related tasks. But, you have to face various error codes and bugs while accessing QuickBooks. In addition to this, while updating the QuickBooks software, QuickBooks displays QuickBooks Error 80070057.
In the following post, we will describe the causes, symptoms, and solutions of QuickBooks error code 80070057. In addition, you will find some simple solutions to fix similar error codes.
Overview of QuickBooks Error 80070057
Initially, it would be great to know in detail about QuickBooks Error code 80070057. Typically, you have to experience this error code when the parameter is incorrect or when accessing a company file. Also, QuickBooks error 80070057 pops up when you have deleted the company file without permission. Occasionally, users may experience the same error code while updating the QuickBooks software.
We always recommend you to know the symptoms and reasons behind the error. And then, proceed to implement the solutions provided.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 80070057
The following is a list of all possible indications for QuickBooks error code 80070057. It is recommended that you first know the signs of the issue and then proceed. When receiving the error code 80070057 you will get one of the following prompts:
- If the company file has been collapsed suddenly.
- When the dialogue box with the message “The parameter is incorrect” displays on the screen.
- If the PC freezes continuously.
- Windows of the QuickBooks program crash repeatedly.
- Due to the slow response from the PC to mouse or keyboard input.
- When the computer crashes regularly.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057 Occurs
The QuickBooks error code 80070057 displays when opening a company file that you have saved on the server or host. Here are some reasons you should know to fix the problem. Let’s have a look at the reasons for the error code 80070057:
- You may encounter QuickBooks error code 80070057 due to incorrect Internet security or firewall settings.
- When you try to open a company file that is stored in the diverted work area.
- If certain ports have been blocked by the Bit Defender.
- When the change in the file extension has not been read by QuickBooks.
- Due to an incorrect file extension, you may experience an 80070057 error.
- not configured when the third-party firewall.
- An error message may appear when accessing a portable file, including.ND, QuickBooks, due to network damage.
- Due to the damage in the installation of QuickBooks.
- When the file extension is inappropriate.
- When you are trying to launch a portable file without launching QuickBooks.
- Your company’s file gets corrupted while accessing the QuickBooks application..
- Because of damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files, error 80070057 occurs.
- When changing the company file extension, the error code 80070057 appears.
Important Points to Remember
Before attempting the solutions written below for 80070057 QuickBooks, you are recommended to update the QuickBooks software to the latest version. You can follow the steps below to do this:
- First, go to the Help menu and choose QuickBooks.
- And then, now click on the update tab.
- Select Update.
- You need to choose the Get Updates options and click on the option of Start QuickBooks.
To troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 80070057, you can now implement the solutions below.
Procedure to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 80070057
To fix the QuickBooks error 80070057 we have some effective way, you have to follow them. And it is necessary to take steps against the error code because this error code indicates that the user has not sufficient permissions to remove the files from the particular folder. So let’s proceed with the solution which is given below:-
Solution 1: Scan QuickBooks Company File
The first solution for troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 80070057 is to scan your QuickBooks company file. And then, you need to try to reorder the file using QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your system. To do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- First of all, you have to type QuickBooks Database Server Manager under the Windows key.
- And then, you need to click on the option of Add a folder to access the browse folder.
- Next, you need to choose the folder where you want to save your company’s file.
- Choose Scan.
- Once you are done with the scanning process, you will be able to reopen the company’s file.
Solution 2: Login QuickBooks as an Administrator
- First of all, you need to look at the QuickBooks application.
- After that, you need to right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- And then, click on the option of Run as the Administrator.
- If you fail to run the company file manually, choose the company file.
- In the end, check the error 80070057 is still happening.
Solution 3: Need to Check your Firewall Settings
- First, you need to add exceptions to the firewall.
- Next, to change the firewall settings you have to follow the provider’s prompts. After doing this, you can send and receive QuickBooks data.
- Finally, if QuickBooks error code 80070057 still shows, you will have to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
Solution 4: QB Company File Name Extensions Validation
- First, right-click on the company file option.
- And then, click on the Properties tab and then select the QuickBooks options.
- After that, you have to type the file extension under the file name field.
- Next, access the QuickBooks and company file simultaneously.
- Finally, choose OK.
Solution 5: Verify Bitdefender
- First of all, you are advised to open the BitDefender 10.0 menu.
- After that, choose an anti-virus program.
- Next, choose a custom level.
- After that, click on the excluded path from the scan.
- After that, you need to click on the New Item option.
- Finally, click on the UNC path or the mapped drive used to run the company file.
Solution 6: Save your File to the Default Location
- First of all, you have to close the QuickBooks application.
- Then, see the company file.
- After that, you need to copy the company file (.qbw).
- Next, you need to access the path C: / Users / Public / Public Documents / Intuit / QuickBooks / Company Files.
- After that, you need to right-click on the company file and then choose the Paste option.
- And then, you need to run QuickBooks and after that view the company file.
- Select the local drive and type the file name.
- Once you are done with the process, click Open to open the company file.
Solution 7: Access the QuickBooks Company file Correctly
- Firstly, you need to click on the Windows key only when you are using Windows version 8.
- Select “Choose all Programs”.
- Then, access QuickBooks to continue working on the Windows version 8, 9, and 10.
- Need to choose the QuickBooks version.
- Next, check whether the company file is opened or not.
- Lastly, select Open when you will be able to access the company file.
Solution 8: Verify the File name extension
- Right-click on the company file to launch it.
- Choose Properties, and then click on the QuickBooks tab.
- Write the file extension.
- Choose OK.
Retitle the File Extension
- Firstly, you need to make a new folder.
- In the new folder, copy the company file and paste it.
- Choose Rename.
- Choose and make a Retitle the file extension to .qbm.
- And then you need to save the recent changes.
- Meanwhile, you need to try to restore the portable.
- Then, the backup needs to be restored.
- If you find difficulty in opening the company file, then rename the extension as .qbx.
- Finally, open QuickBooks convert to an accountant copy.
Copy and paste the company file into a different folder in the flash drive.
- Run the Windows Explorer.
- After that, you need to select the new folder and then right-click on it.
- Copy Companyfile.QBW and paste it in the new folder.
- After that, Open QuickBooks Desktop and launch a new folder.
In the blog above, we provide the best and effective ways to resolve QuickBooks error 80070057. We hope this blog helps you to resolve this error.