QuickBooks Database Server Manager is an amazing tool or software that permits the users to store all the records of using accounting software so far. Every business company wants to keep a record of sales and expenses. That’s why Intuit has produced an accounting software called QuickBooks. It is the most popular application in the accounting market. And, in this software, the user can authenticate the multi-user mode in QuickBooks. But, that the only you available for this feature after installing process the QuickBooks database server manager. Moreover, by using the QuickBooks manager you can create network data files. For using the QuickBooks software fully and it becomes necessary to have the QuickBooks database server manager. So firstly, you need to know all terms and details related to QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Overview of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Manager allows you to share QuickBooks company files with other PCs on your network. At the time of setting up the network, you will need QuickBooks DB so that users will be able to access your company’s files.
This server manager is also known as Intuit’s personal database management tool. With the help of this tool, you can easily make network data files for every particular company file on the host workstation or system. Also, if you require to use a multi-desktop version in QuickBooks Desktop then, you need to install this tool. Otherwise, you cannot use multiple desktop versions. Connect with this article to know all details on how to download, install, and update the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Scan the organization file which is necessary for multi-user access.
- Ensure that the local storage of your system automatically catches the new file.
- Make a .ND file on the host server.
Procedure to Install Database Server Manager?
If you want to share your company’s file among all users on the network. Then you have to download the QuickBooks desktop, and for that, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a part of QuickBooks Desktop. And without this tool, you cannot share your company’s files among all users. And that you can also use the Database Server Manager tool through the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Steps to Install Database Server Manager
And then the download process end of the QuickBooks Desktop you will need to install it. And at that time you can use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and start doing on it. Also when you need to downloading QBDSMT is very important. Also, at that time you are using a different version of QuickBooks on the host computer. So let’s gon on with the given steps to download QuickBooks Server Manager.
- First, you need to close all open programs on your server computer, including QuickBooks.
- After that, you need to open the install file you downloaded. And this process is also known as Setup_QuickBooks.exe.
- Then the instruction visible on your screen and you need to follow the onscreen instructions.
- When QuickBooks asks you to choose an install type, click on the option of Custom or Network Options.
- Then you need to click on the Next option. Remember the thing that you no need to choose Express.
- After that, you need to select the best option for your network setup and then click on the option of Next. And both of the options help to install the Database Server Manager. On your server computer, if that QuickBooks Desktop is already installed, then that time this won’t overwrite any existing company data in your system.
- On your server computer, if you want Database Server Manager and QuickBooks Desktop, choose the option we will be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer, and we will be also storing it… We strongly recommend this option.
- on your server computer, if you only want Database Server Manager and then choose we will NOT be using QuickBooks Desktop…
- After that, you need to follow the rest of the onscreen instructions. And when once you’re ready, then click on the option of Install. And then that time the windows may ask you for permission to install.
Procedure to Setup Database Server Manager
- Firstly, go through all the folders or files which have to be arranged for multi-user access from the database tool.
- Ensure that all the organization files are completely arranged to give access to multiple users.
- And, if you have a desire to add in the server, a new QuickBooks company file then, you can go for the service of administrative tools and then store the database server manager update.
- Make sure that your company is properly connected to the server and users are sign-in into files.
- And, if ever you want to change the status of service then use the Service Administrative Tool and check it.
- Then apply the update and download the QuickBooks server features.
Procedure to Update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
You have to update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager timely whenever a new version of QuickBooks Desktop is released and automatically installed in the computers.
- First, you need to download the patch.
- And after that, when the installation is complete, then reboot the server.
- After that, you get a prompt notification which is: the company file requires to be updated for working with this version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- The updates will change the structure of the database and you will get a notification of creating a backup.
- And, this provides the authentication of the file whenever you go through the notification after the backup is completed.
Database Server Manager Advantages:
- When you complete the process of installing the QuickBooks server, you can add a new user.
- Easily create the network data files and save them to the host computer. But make sure that if you need to use multiple versions of the QuickBooks Desktop then install all the QuickBooks versions.
- Install the QuickBooks manager in a proper manner for using the multiple version of QuickBooks.
If you go through this whole blog properly then, surely you will understand this concept of installation, download, and update the Database Server Manager. Hope you will find your solution regarding this problem.