- June 24, 2020
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a wonderful tool which permits the users to store all the records of using accounting software so far. Every business company wants to keep a record of sales and expenses. That’s why Intuit has produced an accounting software called QuickBooks. It is the most popular application in the accounting market. And, in this software, the user can authenticate the multi user mode in quickbooks. But, only you avail this feature after installing the QuickBooks database server manager. Moreover, you can create network data files by using the QuickBooks manager. And it becomes necessary to have the QuickBooks database server manager for using the QuickBooks software fully. So firstly, understand the term of QuickBooks Database Server manager.
What is QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
This server manager is also known as Intuit personal database manager tool. With the help of this tool you can easily make network data files for every particular company file on the host workstation or system. Also, if you require to use a multi-desktop version in QuickBooks Desktop then, you need to install this tool. Otherwise, you cannot use multiple desktop versions. Stay with this article to know how to download, install and update the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Scan the organization file which is necessary for multi-user access.
- Ensure that your local storage of your system automatically catches the new file.
- Make a .ND file on the host server.
How to Install Database Server Manager?
- So, firstly in the host computer and look for the QuickBooks Installer.
- Then, do the double-click on the installation wizard for opening.
- After that, download and update if you have internet access in your host computer then, click on next.
- If you have no internet connectivity then click on NO button and then Next.
- Then, shut all the programs which are running in your system and then Next.
- Carefully go through the instructions and accept the “Software license Agreement”, then Next.
- Click on the customer or network choice and choose a type of installation.
- Select the Yes allow access choice and read the given display instructions to fulfill the process of installation.
- Then, the installation process is done.
- After you have to set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Go through the below instructions.
How to Setup Database Server Manager?
- Firstly, go through all the folders or files which have to be arranged for multi-user access from the database tool.
- Ensure that all the organization files are completely arranged to give access for multiple users.
- And, if you have a desire to add in the server, a new QuickBooks company file then, you can go for the service of administrative tools and then store the database server manager update.
- Make sure that your company is properly connected to the server and users are sign-in into files.
- And, if ever you want to change the status of service then use the Service Administrative Tool and check it.
- Then apply the update and download the QuickBooks server features.
How to Update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
You have to update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager timely whenever a new version of QuickBooks Desktop is released and automatically installed in the computers.
- Initially, download the patch.
- When installation is complete, then reboot the server.
- After that you get prompt notification which is: the company file requires to be updated for working with this version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- The updates will change the structure of the database and you will get a notification of creating a backup.
- And, this provides the authentication of the file whenever you go through the notification after the backup is completed.
Advantages of Database Server Manager:
- After installing the QuickBooks server, you can add a new user.
- Easily create the network data files and save them in the host computer. But make sure that if you need to use multiple versions of the QuickBooks Desktop then install all the QuickBooks versions.
- Install the QuickBooks manager in a proper manner for using the multiple version of QuickBooks.
If you go through this whole blog properly then, surely you will understand this concept of installation, download and update the Database Server Manager. And in case, you require any assistance related to QuickBooks and get any problem in between the installation. Then contact us on QuickBooks Support Customer Service.