An Error Code 15101 QuickBooks generally arises while updating the Payroll or QuickBooks software. When you encounter this error, an error box prompts on the screen stating that QuickBooks cannot update. You are not able to perform any further tasks on your QuickBooks unless you close the message box.
If there’s one accounting tool that helps reduce paperwork and bookkeeping, it’s QuickBooks. It offers outstanding features to manage funds and create reports. Regardless of a few advantages, the product frequently shows errors that affect the work process. A common error that is causing a lot of complaints to users these days is QuickBooks error code 15101. For the most part, this issue occurs while updating payroll or QuickBooks. In this blog, we are providing the best way to resolve this error. We recommend you read them all carefully before using them on your own.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error 15101
For the 15xx series of errors, QuickBooks error 15101 is the same as QuickBooks error 15241. However, the methods to fix these problems are completely different. To find out how to take a look at the following solutions:
Solution 1: Downloading the Digital Signature Certificate
- In your PC C Drive, search for the QBW32.exe file. It is usually found in Intuit Folder itself.
- Right-Click on the File by and then click on the Properties option.
- Now, click on the Digital Signature tab and check whether Intuit, Inc is selected or not.
- Then, click on the Details option.
- The Details window will let you see the certificate.
- Continue clicking on Next till the Finish button shows up. When it shows, click on it immediately.
- After that, restart your PC and open QuickBooks software,
- Look if there is a pending update of QuickBooks. In case there is, update your QuickBooks accounting software once again.
Solution 2: Install Antivirus or Firewall
Installing firewalls and antivirus shields your PC from harmful applications and undesirable access. So as to determine the error, you have to set up your antivirus or firewall. Sometimes we end up blocking firewalls, so ensure you haven’t blocked them.
Solution 3: Access QuickBooks in Safe Mode
If these both above-mentioned solutions are not effective in troubleshooting the QuickBooks Error 15101, then restart your QuickBooks in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, your PC runs on minimum drivers, and only the desired programs are required to run. Perform the following steps:
- Press the F8 key on your keyboard. After doing this, the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, run Safe Mode w/Networking, and then hit Enter
- Next, choose Safe Mode with Networking, then apply which operating system to use to restart
- After selecting login, click on Administrator, which gives you access to all device programs. Enter your Administrator password
- Select “Yes”, when asked to work in safe mode.
- Open QuickBooks and try the task again which failed
- Once finished restarting the system ordinarily
Simply Restart your System
Restart your PC utilizing the Start Menu. In that case, you can’t discover the Start Menu, the reason behind that could be that your PC isn’t responding. You may also restart your PC by pressing the Alt+Ctrl+Del button and click on the Log Off option.
Quite possibly your PC won’t restart. In that case, simply utilize the reset button available on your system. It will take as long as 30 seconds.
For Windows 8 and Windows 7 Users
Step1: Access the Windows Advanced Options by pressing the F8 button on your keyboard. A dialogue box asking you whether you need to run Safe Mode or not? When that shows up, click on the Yes option. In case your PC has more than one OS, use the arrows keys to choose your preferred operating system, and after that press the F8 button.
Step 2: After clicking on the Safe Mode with Networking, select the Operating System to reboot the PC and press the Enter button.
Step 3: As soon as you sign in, click on Admin, and enter the administrator password.
Step 4: Select the Yes option, if you are sure about working in Safe Mode.
Step 5: Now open QuickBooks software and attempt the task again which failed. Now open QuickBooks and check whether the error still exists or not. If not, restart the PC and your QuickBooks software will be error-free again.
Now that you have completed this blog about KLEU AIET you briefly know solutions related to QuickBooks error 15101. We hope on the basis of this solution you can correct this error and also you will have a lot of ease through this solution.