A business owner can easily manage their business by just doing some clicks on the system with the help of QuickBooks. The QuickBooks accounting software provides many amazing features like accounting operations in the cloud-based version. But sometimes, this software generates some errors. And, the error of unable to export to excel from QuickBooks is one of the serious problems that will create an obstacle in your work. And, this error might be generated because the software is not able to run the drive for your system. So, in this article, we are going to talk about this error including causes and its solutions.
The Excel book does not work when you try to export the report as an Excel workbook from the Excel book desktop. However, you may fail to export from QuickBooks to Excel for some technical reasons. QuickBooks sometimes just stops responding or crashes during a report exported to Excel. A damaged or outdated MS Excel may be one of the obvious reasons for this error to occur. When the error occurs, you may not be able to proceed with the ongoing task. This blog has covered the error-description, causes, and resolution of ExcelBook Export, not the working issue.
When you ever try to upgrade your QuickBooks then there might be chances to face this error. And if you attempt to open a CSV file that is not working because QuickBooks is unable to export to excel.
Reason for export to excel error in QuickBooks
- The damaged Microsoft Excel software.
- Or, The file registry is not opening and working properly.
- The software of QuickBooks is corrupted.
Immediate steps for Exporting into the Excel:
- Initially, click on the Company option in QuickBooks.
- Click on the Reports, Company, and financial.
- Then select the Profit and loss standard.
- Press on Excel and make a new spreadsheet.
- After that, press on the export and open in MS-Excel.
- Go to the QuickBooks and press on the Excel and then create a new Worksheet.
- Then send a report to excel.
- After that, you need to go and create a CSV file in the system.
- Enter the filename and save it.
What is Export Error?
While exporting and subsequent import of payroll journal entries then some conditions occur.
- Account type should be dissimilar from Account CS and QuickBooks Accounts. But, use the same description as QuickBooks for one or more accounts in the Accounting CS.
- The information of Accounting detail and account numbers of QuickBooks can different which does not recognize exported transactions. To stop this occurring IIF file before importing the transaction which adds the QuickBooks accounts.
Problems faced in MAC of export because of:
- The requirement of QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or previous MAC OS 10.10.2.
- Intel Core Duo or higher is suggested.
- A requirement of 2-4GB RAM.
- 250MB space is at least required.
- Need for proper internet connection for QuickBooks Payroll with complete functioning adobe reader for easily printing forms.
Solutions of Unable to Export to Excel from QuickBooks
Solution 1: Upgrading the software
If the current version of QuickBooks that you are using is outdated, try upgrading the software. An upgrade will also be required if the operating system is the latest one but the QuickBooks application is outdated. To perform the task of upgrading the application, follow the steps below.
- Log in with your credentials on the QuickBooks
- Once you are logged in, purchase the latest version of the software and then download it.
- After this run setup and Uninstall the Existing version of QuickBooks for any glitches that might occur.
- Install the latest version with complete precision.
Solution 2: Updating the QuickBooks Software
Updating the software ensures QuickBooks works in its optimal state. To update the software, the following steps need to be carried out and consequently remove the error of QuickBooks not Exporting to Excel.
- Firstly, shut the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Copy all the content of the company file to the Desktop.
- Then, go to the QuickBooks Desktop and open the file.
- After that, click on open or restore the company where you have saved the company file.
Solution 3: Troubleshooting QuickBooks Crashes when Exporting to Excel
- Go to the Customer Center and choose Transactions from the Transaction Pane.
- Select the transaction for transaction journal available at the Transactions list
- Choose your transaction journal
- Click on the Excel option and then create a new worksheet and export this to excel.
- Make sure you first open the Item List and then your report
- Select List and Open Item List from it
- Select and Open the Report you want to open from Report Menu.
- Click on the Email button and then the Export to Excel option.
- Now select Excel or Email as Excel Form, from the drop-down list.
Solution 4: Repair Microsoft Excel on your Windows Computer
- Initially, sign in to the QuickBooks account and click on the Gear Icon.
- Press the Internet choice given there and then the Security option.
- Then, choose the Trusted Sites choices.
- You need to cancel the Enable Protected Mode.
- Tap on the sites and from the trusted sites list add https://.intuit.com.
- Then press the done button and then shut it.
How to fix QuickBooks is unable to export to excel in MAC?
- Ensure that the version you are using is compatible with your system.
- For working with QuickBooks, make sure that your system completes the requirements needed.
- If the above is properly completed then there must be an issue in the installation of excel or QuickBooks software.
- So just for ensuring that there is no problem in excel installation or QuickBooks installation, re-register all the keys with Microsoft by re-installation or repair the Microsoft office.
- And, a proper and clean installation is suggested to solve this issue.
Perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article in the provided sequence. With the easy steps, you are very simple to be able to get rid of the export to Excel Issue.