The QuickBooks error -6000, -82, or -6000, -106 occurs when you are opening or creating a QuickBooks company file. The steps discussed in this article can help you resolve error codes -6000, -82, or -6000, -106. Before performing the solution, you need to ensure that your accounting software is updated for the latest maintenance release. Damaged QuickBooks is one of the primary reasons behind a company file error. And if you want to resolve the error using simple troubleshooting solutions, then connect this article to the end.
And when you will see the QuickBooks has error -6000 -82 or -6000 -106, then you can get the error message on your screen. The error indicates that due to some technical reasons, you cannot access your company’s records. This can hinder your day-to-day accounting tasks, and also, it needs to be fixed this error as soon as possible.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code -6000 -82 Or -6000 -106
QuickBooks Error -6000, -82 or -6000, -106 can crop up for some several reasons or mistakes as stated in the list below:-
- When you are lost in QuickBooks company file
- When the company file is not created properly
- Partial or damaged installation of QuickBooks software
- The QuickBooks company file is not physically stored in the folder used to access the company file
- Windows Firewall is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the company file due to a faulty configuration
- The file of infected QuickBooks company due to virus or malware attack
The Solution of QuickBooks Error Code -6000 -82 Or -6000 -106
Here, below we have to provide some solution related to solve QuickBooks Error Code -6000 -82 or -6000 -106:-
Solution 1: Make Sure that there is No Space Between QuickBooks File Name and Extension
If there is a space in the company file name, then you need to follow the steps below to resolve this issue:-
- First, you need to exit the QuickBooks account and then open the folder containing the QuickBooks company file.
- After that, right-click the company file and then click on the option of Rename
- You can remove the space between the company file name and extension.
- Now, you can try to open or create a QuickBooks company file, and then you need to check if the error persists 6000, -82, or -6000, -106 then go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Turn Off Hosting on Each Computers Having QuickBooks Installed
When you installed the QuickBooks software in your system, there the solution of turning off hosting on every computer that can help you resolve the error codes -6000, -82, or -6000, -106.
For single-user access:
- First, you need to go to the File menu and then click on the Utility option
- After that, you need to hit-stop hosting the multi-user option
- Then, click the Yes option on the Stop Hosting Multiple User Message window.
- And at the last, you need to click on the yes option again for the next dialog box
For multiple user access:
- When you need to perform this procedure on all systems displaying QuickBooks error 6000, -82 or -6000, -106
- That time, you need to choose the file from the No Company Open window and then click on the option of Utilities.
- After that, you need to make sure the multiple user access hosting is displayed.
- And if the computer displays multiple user access Stop Hosting, then you need to turn it off at that time.
- After that, you need to click on Stop hosting multiple user access option and then try to reopen the company file
If the QuickBooks error message code -6000, -82, or -6000, -106 continues, then you can try the next solution.
Solution 3: For Multiple User Access, Switch to Hosting Local & Remote Files Mode
In this solution, you can solve this error when you can follow the steps given below:-
- First, you need to open the QuickBooks, click on the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- After that, you need to verify that under Local Server Information at the bottom of the window, and the hosting is set to local files only.
- And then, you need to click on the option of the File menu and then Switch to Multi-User Mode.
- After that, you need to open a company file on the network computer. And if you want more information, then you can see the QuickBooks-in-product help for the QuickBooks desktop product page or set up a multi-user or network.
- Then, you need to open the company file and then click on the F2 key to open the product information window.
- After that, you need to verify that under Local Server Information at the bottom of the window, hosting is set to local files only.
If the error persists, then you can try the next solution.
Solution 4: Restart Damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
If you want to restart the damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager service and rescan the company file, then you need to follow the steps below:-
- First, you need to click the Start option and then select the All Programs option
- And, then open QuickBooks, and click on the option of QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Next, press on the scan folder tab
- And if there is no folder found, then you have to click on the Add Folder option. Alternatively, you can highlight the folder containing the company file and then click on the scan option.
- After that, you found a box in the QuickBooks company files, which ensures that the flawed company shows the file
When the above process completed then you can try opening the company file, and if the error 00, -82, or -6000, -106 occurs again, try the next solution technique.
Solution 5: Run Verify & Rebuild Data Utility
In this solution, you can verify and Rebuild QuickBooks Data utilities that can perform their work together to identify and fix a company’s file in QuickBooks. Ans when you can check this if an error exists in the QuickBooks company file, and then your first need to run a data verification in this process. Upon the process of error detection, you need to rebuild the data utility. Once again, you need to run the verified data utility to ensure that the related problem is reconstructed by the data utility.
The solutions provided should be helpful for you in solving QuickBooks error -6000, -82 or -6000, -106. Now you should be able to open your company file and work on it without any problems.