The QuickBooks Error Code 64 is one of the common errors that QuickBooks users find. Perhaps, owing to any technical glitches, you are unable to navigate your QuickBooks. The cause of this mistake is hard to grasp. In general, QuickBooks error 64 happens when you browse your company file on the QuickBooks Desktop. On your phone, a warning is seen and your QuickBooks will close automatically. You would have to re-enter it again if there is any unsaved info.
QuickBooks is amazingly helpful software, to the point that numerous business owners and accounting experts think about it as a basic tool for managing their finances. Nevertheless, there are times when you encounter a problem such as QuickBooks Error Code 64. In situations like these, it is important to determine why this has happened to your system.
This error is genuinely normal and generally occurs when the user makes an attempt to access the company file from their QuickBooks software. Right now, we will list the primary reasons why you are facing it alongside the best and easiest ways to counter it. For some other issues like QuickBooks error 15243 or, to be more specific, QuickBooks error 15101, Please have a look at our blog for some effective solutions.
Cause QuickBooks error 64 occurs
When a user attempts to open a company files on QuickBooks software, you are rather welcomed with a message on your screen which is followed by the immediate termination of the software. Any unsaved information at that point is lost and has to be re-entered. It may not be simple for you to find the specific reason for this issue, which is the reason we have mentioned its primary causes below –
- Files and documents identified with the company file have been damaged. This may have occurred because of inappropriate installation.
- Your QuickBooks software has not been updated and requires these updates to run properly.
- In some situations, if some of your PC files are corrupt, they may be causing incorrect linking of files.
- Your PC is shut down improperly.
- A malware, spyware, or trojan has assaulted your PC.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 64
In order to correct QuickBooks Error 64, there are several alternatives. Fixing Error Code 64 can assist with the following list of solutions.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
This software can be download from the official site of QuickBooks and set up in a matter of minutes. Install this and run it on your PC for help in fixing your issues. To install, simply double click on the .exe file after you have downloaded it and follow all the guidelines in the installation wizard.
- Firstly, you ought to install the QuickBooks file doctor, which will help to patch the file. You ought to install the tool by double-clicking the exe file until the file is downloaded.
- After that, you are all set to launch the tool on your desktop.
- You have to take the steps below until you’re done with this:
- You should verify if the company file is okay or whether it recognizes an error.
- If your business file is okay, it can be reconstructed if necessary.
- If the tool senses data damage, then you’ll have to restore the file.
- You have to restore the backup data to your business file then.
After running the QuickBooks File Doctor software, check on the off chance that you can access the company file. If any damage is detected, it can be fixed by the same software, so there is no need to download and install any other software. When your data file has been repaired, you can continue to restore the backup data of the company file that you want to open.
Solution 2: Try Repair Utility Software
This is a simpler method to resolve the QuickBooks error 64 if you are a novice user. Download and install the tool, following which you need to open it and click on the Scan button. At the point when the scan finishes, simply click on the repair button and reboot your system after it finishes.
- Firstly, you have to download the repair utility (QuickBooks Error Code 64).
- Then Get the software installed.
- After that, you have to pick ‘Scan’.
- Once the scan is done, tap on the “Repair or Fix Button”.
- And after that, you’re ready for your device to restart.
If you are still not able to open the company files, then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3: Use System Restore to Fix QuickBooks error 64
This is more of a manual solution as compared with the previous ones however very simple to use nevertheless. Follow the following steps and restore your PC to an earlier point in time:
- Log onto your PC through an admin account.
- Open the Start Menu and explore System Restore by clicking on the All Programs button at the bottom, followed by the Accessories options and then the System Tools organizer.
- In System Restore, select the option that says “Restore my PC to an earlier time” and then click on the Next button.
- Select the Restore point that is the most appropriate in your situation and confirm by clicking the Next button.
- Let the restore process finish and then restart your PC.
Solution 5: Disable Settings for Power Control
- Go to the control panel of the window and open the settings for power management.
- Click a key for Windows.
- And after that chose control options, turn off the modes of sleep, standby, and hibernation.
- After that restart your computer.
Solution 6: Log in as Administrator to install the updates
- Tap on the tab for the Search Bar.
- Type “User Accounts” then.
- Click Control User Accounts, and after if the password is needed type it.
- Once you’re signed in as the administrator, go to Windows Update Settings.
- Install the updates after that.
- You are done already. If the error code 64 happens again, the manual repair process must be done.
Withdraw power management settings
Restart the software after your PC has restarted and try to open the company file again. If QuickBooks Error 64 continues, at that point you may need to disable the Power Management configuration. Before doing this, please ensure that no other user is currently on the network.
For this, open the Control Panel and then click on the Power Option. In it, turn off all of these modes – standby, hibernation, and sleep. Restart the PC immediately so that you can bring these changes into effect.
On the basis of this solution, you can correct this error, and also you will have a lot of ease through this solution. We hope the above solutions are useful for you to solve QuickBooks error 64.