If you are facing the QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001? Don’t be panic if you are facing this error code because here we have the complete solution for the error code. Complete this blog carefully if you want to fix out the problem.
The QuickBooks Enterprise Error code 6073 -99001 may appear which may create a problem that can run down your business day. QuickBooks Error 6073 -99001 can happen when opening the QuickBooks organization record (.qbw) in multiuser setups. This QB error 6073, -99001 when trying to login with a second user. The first user is working fine.
QuickBooks error code 6073 appears when you are trying to access a company file with a .qbe extension in multi-user mode. Also, the same error code may occur when switching your system to multi-user mode. This error comes with a message indicating that the “Company file is not accessible”. It is important to remember that you have not placed your file in a read-only network folder. And, the file should be accessible from the end of the administrator.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073 -99001
When the error occurs, you may observe these symptoms to determine that QuickBooks error 6073 -99001 has arisen. They occur for one of the following reasons:
- You must have opened the file in another system where the single-user mode is enabled
- If you opened the file in a read-only network folder
- If the record is hosted on a Linux server that uses multiple login credentials, this error can occur.
- If the file is located in a read-only network folder at that time this error will occur
- This error can occur on a Linux server if the records are hosted that is using multiple login credentials
- This error can occur if the host system recognizes that the user is logged into the remote operating system that is accessing the document
- The file can be opened in multi-user mode in another system.
- The company file is accessed through a remote operating system and the host system discovers that the system is still logged in.
- The user tries to sign-in through several credentials in the folder.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6073 -99001
- QuickBooks error message 6073 -99001 appears on the screen immediately as soon the error takes place
- Not be able to open your financial record due to the error
- Also, the error crashes an active of the window and degrades the performance of your system
- PC freezes periodically for a few seconds at a time as a result of the QuickBooks error 6073 -99001
Solutions of QuickBooks Error 6073 -99001
Here below are the details of the effective solutions given going to be helped you for resolving the QuickBooks Error Code 6073 -99001 easily. So, read carefully the given statements and try to follow them according to the number of details.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor to Fix the Error
The very first method can be to use a QuickBooks file doctor tool. The QuickBooks File Doctor tool can help in resolving QuickBooks issues. The user just needs to download it and run it to resolve the error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:-
- Visit “www.intuit.com” and then you need to open the download page.
- Click the Download button to initiate the download of the latest version of QuickBooks File Doctor.
- After that, save the QBFD installation file in your system to a location where you can easily find it later.
- After that, go to the desktop page and then double-click on the file named QBFD.exe.
- And then, you need to follow the installation instructions carefully that will appear on your screen.
And when the above process completed then the Internal File Doctor appears automatically when detects a repairable error in your system. It all depends on your need, that is to use the Start option to run the tool and get the issues resolved.
- First, you need to launch the QuickBooks program without opening the company file that needs to get diagnosed.
- After that, you need to follow this series of action to launch QuickBooks File Doctor
- After that click on the File menu, and then go to the Utility option.
- And then repair File and Network Problems
- After that, you need to click on Browse and select the company file that you need to diagnose and repair and after that, click on the option of Open to proceed.
- And then, you need to find Show Advanced Settings drop-down menu and click on the option of the type of fix you want for your file and then click.
- Log in as Administrator by providing the correct user name and password for the company file when prompted select
- Reopen the file once the diagnosis is completed.
Solution 2: Corrupted or Unavailable Network Data File
fix the corrupted network data file that time another method that one can optimization. You need to follow the below-stated steps and fix the corrupted or unavailable network data file.
- First, go and by right-clicking on the Start Button open Windows Explorer.
- After that, find the folder which stores the QuickBooks company file.
- After, right-click on the company file with Network Data and QuickBooks company file extension.
- And then, now you have to modify the file extension from .ndold and then select, and on the Enter key
- Open the QuickBooks and then select the company file.
- Now, in the end, QuickBooks will make another network data file for the company file.
Solution 3: Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6073 -99001 Manually
If you open the company file in Single User mode on another workstation
- First, you need to close the QuickBooks Desktop on all PCs or systems.
- Now, open the company file with the use of the Host computer.
- After that, go to the “File” menu option and then shift to Multi-User mode.
- In the other case, the same error code appears yet, then reboot all the workstations.
If the Company File is Open in Single User Mode on the Host System
- First, you need to go to the “File” menu option and click on the option of “Close company”.
- Next, click on the option of re-open the company file.
- After that, go to the “File” menu option, and click on the option of “Open or Restore Company”.
- And then, you need to open a company file and click on the option of “Next”
- After that, click on the option of your company file
- And, choose the option “Open file in multi-user mode” and at the last, click on the option of “Open”.
If the Company File is Located in Read-Only Network Folder
- In this process, first, you need to go to the computer that is hosting your company file
- Then, you need to open the folder where your company file is placed
- Next, you need to give a right-click on the folder and then select the “Properties” option
- After that, go to the “Security” tab and click on the option of the user who is having a login issue and then press the “Edit” option.
- Click on the option of “Allow” for full control and then
- After that, click on the option of “Apply” and then select the “OK” option.
If the Computer is Being Accessed Remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc
- First, you need to place a right-click on Taskbar and then click on the option of Task Manager
- Now, select the “Processes” option and check if there are any processes running under the username
- If you find any processes inside that user, restart your system
Solution 4: Rename Network Data File with .ND Extension
.ND files are network files in QuickBooks that enable programs to access company files on the network. In such a way, if the network data file is corrupt, that time you need to rename the file to resolve the QuickBooks error 6073 -99001.
- Start button to open Windows Explorer.
- After that, find the folder that contains the file you are trying to open.
- Then, just go to the file with .ND extension corresponding to .QBW extension.
- And, after that, you need to add the OLD file at the end of the network data file .ND extension as .ndold and press Enter to confirm the changes.
- And at the last, you need to go back to QuickBooks and then try to open the company file.
Solution 5: The Network Data Files and Transaction Log Files Usually are Labeled as the Hidden Files
- Firstly, you need to open My Computer, then go to the Tools menu, and then click on Folder Options.
- After that, go directly to the View tab and click on the option of Show hidden files & folders.
- Afterward, you need to open the data folder to see network data files and transaction log files.
- Then, you need to right-click on the network data file and click on the option of properties.
- And at the last, you need to delete the Hidden option and then click on the option of Ok.
We have mentioned 5 solutions above to fix this error. Hope that you will be able to fix this error through this solution. And at the same time, this solution will prove to be effective for you while doing this process.