Here we are with a new topic for those who are facing the QuickBooks error -6000, -301. We can say that this will be the best article where you can get an effective solution to this hassle. You just have to keep the patience to read the blog carefully and stay connected with us till the last.
QuickBooks Error -6000, -301 occurs at the time of accessing the business file in QuickBooks which is common accounting software with the availability of a number of financial accounting tools. This QuickBooks Error -6000, -301 usually pops an error message.
Causes of QuickBooks Error -6000 -301
QuickBooks Error 6000, 301 this error code can occur due to the below-mentioned reasons:-
- When corruption occurs one or more QuickBooks company files.
- If your QuickBooks Company file is located on the hard disk and at that time user is trying to start the QuickBooks Company file.
- When that particular company file is stored in hard disk and when encrypted software is installed.
- When one or more files of QuickBooks Desktop Support are corrupted
- The QuickBooks extension file of .TLG has corrupted.
- When .ND file has corrupted in your system.
- .DSN file has broken in your software.
- Database file name get damaged
- When you are trying to install encrypted software which may hamper the process
- When you work on it, and the .qbw company files get corrupted
- When you are trying to open a company file of QuickBooks with the extension of.QBW that has saved in other locations of the system and also saved other than a local hard drive.
- With the extension, of.QBW have saved that is the encryption software has placed on the local drive where the company files.
Effects of the QuickBooks Error -6000 -301
Some effects of QuickBooks error -6000 -301 are given below, read and know about it:-
- You can unable to open and access the damaged company file
- You can have to rebuild the same company file.
- Massive time crushed
- Sometimes issue related excess data usages time management
Solutions of QuickBooks Error -6000 -301
Based on the solution given below, you will be able to solve this error, and also this procedure will help you.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Release
First of all, you should update the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. It will wipe out the above issues of these errors.
Solution 2: Rename the QuickBooks Support Files
The user can simply rename the QuickBooks support files as it might fix the error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The first step in the process is to open the folder having the company file.
- And then the user will see the file having the same name as the QuickBooks file, but with a different extension .tlg along with .nd and .dsu.
- After that right-click each file along with clicking on the rename option. The user will then have to add the word .OLD to each of them
- This will help the user in rebuilding the company data files and keeps them away from a default database.
Solution 3: Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
The users should download and run the QuickBooks file doctor tool and then scan all the errors that are present in the files. The steps to be carried out once the tool is downloaded are as follows:
- First, you need to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool and then click on the .exe file which will begin the installation process
- After that, the user will have to look for the icon on the Windows taskbar for opening, in case it doesn’t open up on its own.
- The next step in the process is to use the drop-down list and then look for the company file. And then you can also click on the browse tab and after that select the location to continue option.
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on the option both file damage and network connectivity respectively
- Moving head, you will also have to enter the admin password that can be seen on the company files and then click on the option of next.
- After that, click on the option of host/server or workstation carefully. If you are running the file doctor tool on the workstation, then the user will have to select the workstation. Or else pick the server accordingly.
- And then, the next process is to click on the yes option if running the file doctor on the system hosting the company files. The user will have to select NO
- At the end of the process, you need to finish diagnosing.
Solution 4: Disable Encryption Software (if you use any)
Intuit does not recommend using a third-party application to encrypt your company file as it may damage the company file. You can contact your encryption software vendor and ask for detailed instructions to disable it or ask them to do it for you.
The Final Line
This drives us to the end of this post, where we hope that the information, we have shared above, maybe help you to fix your issue. Applying the methods described above can help you overcome QuickBooks error code -6000, -301 very easily. However, there may be situations in which the user may not be able to fix the bug even after completing the steps discussed above, in which case, consult an accounting professional or expert to fix the error on your behalf would be better to do.